Environmental Psychology And Risk Assignment
Course: PSY/460: Environmental Psychology
Assignment: Environmental Risk Perception Paper
Content and Development
All key elements of the assignment are covered in a substantive way. The purpose of this paper is for you to:
· Select an environmental risk, such as climate change, and research two articles from peer-reviewed journals that have different perceptions of the level of risk (i.e., low, high).
· Prepare a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper based on your chosen articles.
· Provide a summary of each article.
· Compare and contrast the risk perceptions presented in each article.
· Identify any environmental stressors that are related to the environmental risk.
· Conclude with a discussion of your own risk perception of the issue.
· Explain your stance and be sure to cite appropriate sources. This should not be strictly based on your opinion.
(Resource: Ch. 2 of Environmental Psychology, University Library, and peer-reviewed journals)
The content is comprehensive, accurate, and persuasive.
The paper develops a central theme or idea, directed toward the appropriate audience.
The paper links theory to relevant examples and uses the vocabulary of the theory correctly.
Major points are stated clearly; are supported by specific details, examples, or analysis; and are organized logically.
The introduction provides sufficient background on the topic and previews major points.
The conclusion is logical, flows from the body of the paper, and reviews the major points.
Readability and Style
Paragraph transitions are present, logical, and maintain the flow throughout the paper.
The tone is appropriate to the content and assignment.
Sentences are complete, clear, and concise.
Sentences are well constructed, with consistently strong, varied sentences.
Sentence transitions are present and maintain the flow of thought.
Format according to APA standards.
The paper, including tables and graphs, headings, title page, and reference page, is consistent with APA guidelines and meets course-level requirements.
Intellectual property is recognized with in-text citations and a reference page.
The paper is laid out with effective use of headings, font styles, and white space.
Rules of grammar, usage, and punctuation are followed.
Sentences are complete, clear, concise, and varied.
Spelling is correct.